Search
  • Justin Molina

1/23/2020 Meeting Minutes

MEADOW TRAIL

HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION

Meadow Train Homeowners Association Meeting

Agenda Meeting & Notes

January 23, 2020

Attendance:

Agenda:

· Meeting Frequency


MEADOW TRAIL

HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION Meadow Train Homeowners Association Meeting

Agenda Meeting & Notes

January 23, 2020

Attendance:



Agenda:

• Meeting Frequency

o QUARTERLY

o Discussion of topics – voting by Directors only

o Format of April / October meetings will be unchanged

• Landscaping

o Removal of trees, limbs and Black Hills shrubs

 Safety of residents

 Health of the landscape

o Other companies showing interest in tasks that will be done in the spring / summer

o Changing look of shrubbery with color

• Finance

o Reserve study is incomplete pending evaluation of fences

o Dues Paid for Q1

o Buildium – Business Software

 Will be in use for Q2 dues collection

 Email addresses and mobile phone numbers should be provided to receive up-to-date information from the board of directors

• Send email and mobile phone numbers to: DianeMTHOA@Gmail.com

• Architecture

o Sidewalks

o Water Company project

o Gas Company project

Discussion:

Meeting Frequency

o Meetings will be quarterly – our next meeting will be our April Semi-Annual meeting

 Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 23, 2020.

 Pot luck will start at 6:00

 Will talk about what we will be working on this Summer

o Interim meetings February and March

 February, 27th – Help setting up Buildium for your payments & portal

 March 26th – Help Setting up Buildium for your payments & portal

o Only the Directors will be allowed to vote on management / money issues

 Therefore, meeting frequency can be less often

 Quarterly meetings will be informational


Landscaping

o Taking out shrubs / trees behind parking pads – black hills pines

o City arborist evaluated that they were diseased

o Took out the pines now while the weather would support it

o To remove 10 pines cost $1,200.

o This was done for the health of the vegetation in the neighborhood and for the safety of the community

o In the spring we will plant arborvitae

o We also removed a large tree (100 ft tall tree) at 10819, which was in dangerous condition.

o One tree on Marks (behind Bev and Jay’s house) also needs to come down

o Pear trees will also be coming down in the future

o Will there be reimbursement for those who took down their own trees prior to this administration?

 No. That is not in the budget

o Other companies showing interest in spring and summer tasks to augment Southwest contract

o Moscarino

o Davey Tree

o Mortons

o Board wants to change the look of the community to remove some old scrubs and add some color

o The list of approved plants was reduced last year

o Marty would like to work on revising the list to add color


Finance

o Reserve Study

o We used the same person to do the reserve study as the other Bob Smidt communities

o We need to do the study every 6 years, by law

o Based on the reserve study- if we only needed to add $15 per year in 2026

o Because we are responsible or fences too, we will repair / replace fences as needed so there isn’t a big impact on reserves

o The reserve study will be presented to everyone at the April meeting

o Dues

o A couple of folks still owe – Marty will be following up on this

o Buildium – Business software

o Will be available in the 2nd quarter

o You are able to do this is you want to by credit card or check

o We will need email addresses and mobile phone numbers to set you up in Buildium

 Send your email addresses and mobile phone numbers to DianeMTHOA@gmail.com

o There will be meetings in February and March to do training for anyone in the community

 February 27th and March 26th

o $16,817 in is the operating account – this is where we should be in the budget

o Reserve account has $148,858 which can be used for sidewalks and fences

o Again, the reserve analyst will be here in April to address what our ongoing reserve costs should be

 This will include sidewalks and fences

o This study will help us identify how much our dues will need to change over the next few years


Architecture

• Sidewalks – definite decision

o The HOA owns the sidewalks

 In the spring repairs will be made to sidewalks

o Sidewalks are the immediate priority due to safety issues

• Fences – definite decision

o The HOA is responsible for the fences

o Directors have been discussing fences

 Want to evaluate putting in vinyl fences

 Vinyl will be lower cost in the long term

 New 4x4’s cladded in vinyl and vinyl fence installed

o There will be repairs made to the existing fences this year while we evaluate the cost of vinyl fences

• Water Company Project

o Trying to get water shut off valves fixed

 Many caps are missing

 Most of them are on the sidewalks or driveways

 15 shut off valves need to be fixed

 The water company is supposed to come out soon

 A dog has already been injured on the open shut off

• Gas Company Project

o Need to come out in early spring to fix the sidewalks

o Want the Gas company to address the safety issue of the missing concrete

• Cable and telephone wires

o Bill has also been after the utility companies and the City of Strongsville to try to get these wires fixed so they are no longer exposed

 Strongsville did an assessment and identified several of the cables had been dug out of the ground by the landscapers

 Exposed cables have also been nicked

 Strongsville is helping us to hold the landscaper (Southwest) accountable to fix these cables

• The bolts on her downspout fell out when the meter reader was read.

o Can someone help her reattach her downspout?

o Ed will help Joyce with this.



o QUARTERLY

o Discussion of topics – voting by Directors only

o Format of April / October meetings will be unchanged

· Landscaping

o Removal of trees, limbs and Black Hills shrubs

§ Safety of residents

§ Health of the landscape

o Other companies showing interest in tasks that will be done in the spring / summer

o Changing look of shrubbery with color

· Finance

o Reserve study is incomplete pending evaluation of fences

o Dues Paid for Q1

o Buildium – Business Software

§ Will be in use for Q2 dues collection

§ Email addresses and mobile phone numbers should be provided to receive up-to-date information from the board of directors

· Send email and mobile phone numbers to: DianeMTHOA@Gmail.com

· Architecture

o Sidewalks

o Water Company project

o Gas Company project

Discussion:

Meeting Frequency

o Meetings will be quarterly – our next meeting will be our April Semi-Annual meeting

§ Meeting will be held onThursday, April 23, 2020.

§ Pot luck will start at 6:00

§ Will talk about what we will be working on this Summer

o Interim meetings February and March

§ February, 27th – Help setting up Buildium for your payments & portal

§ March 26th – Help Setting up Buildium for your payments & portal

o Only the Directors will be allowed to vote on management / money issues

§ Therefore, meeting frequency can be less often

§ Quarterly meetings will be informational

Landscaping

o Taking out shrubs / trees behind parking pads – black hills pines

o City arborist evaluated that they were diseased

o Took out the pines now while the weather would support it

o To remove 10 pines cost $1,200.

o This was done for the health of the vegetation in the neighborhood and for the safety of the community

o In the spring we will plant arborvitae

o We also removed a large tree (100 ft tall tree) at 10819, which was in dangerous condition.

o One tree on Marks (behind Bev and Jay’s house) also needs to come down

o Pear trees will also be coming down in the future

o Will there be reimbursement for those who took down their own trees prior to this administration?

§ No. That is not in the budget

o Other companies showing interest in spring and summer tasks to augment Southwest contract

o Moscarino

o Davey Tree

o Mortons

o Board wants to change the look of the community to remove some old scrubs and add some color

o The list of approved plants was reduced last year

o Marty would like to work on revising the list to add color

Finance

o Reserve Study

o We used the same person to do the reserve study as the other Bob Smidt communities

o We need to do the study every 6 years, by law

o Based on the reserve study- if we only needed to add $15 per year in 2026

o Because we are responsible or fences too, we will repair / replace fences as needed so there isn’t a big impact on reserves

o The reserve study will be presented to everyone at the April meeting

o Dues

o A couple of folks still owe – Marty will be following up on this

o Buildium – Business software

o Will be available in the 2nd quarter

o You are able to do this is you want to by credit card or check

o We will need email addresses and mobile phone numbers to set you up in Buildium

§ Send your email addresses and mobile phone numbers to DianeMTHOA@gmail.com

o There will be meetings in February and March to do training for anyone in the community

§ February 27th and March 26th

o $16,817 in is the operating account – this is where we should be in the budget

o Reserve account has $148,858 which can be used for sidewalks and fences

o Again, the reserve analyst will be here in April to address what our ongoing reserve costs should be

§ This will include sidewalks and fences

o This study will help us identify how much our dues will need to change over the next few years

Architecture

· Sidewalks – definite decision

o The HOA owns the sidewalks

§ In the spring repairs will be made to sidewalks

o Sidewalks are the immediate priority due to safety issues

· Fences – definite decision

o The HOA is responsible for the fences

o Directors have been discussing fences

§ Want to evaluate putting in vinyl fences

§ Vinyl will be lower cost in the long term

§ New 4x4’s cladded in vinyl and vinyl fence installed

o There will be repairs made to the existing fences this year while we evaluate the cost of vinyl fences

· Water Company Project

o Trying to get water shut off valves fixed

§ Many caps are missing

§ Most of them are on the sidewalks or driveways

§ 15 shut off valves need to be fixed

§ The water company is supposed to come out soon

§ A dog has already been injured on the open shut off

· Gas Company Project

o Need to come out in early spring to fix the sidewalks

o Want the Gas company to address the safety issue of the missing concrete

· Cable and telephone wires

o Bill has also been after the utility companies and the City of Strongsville to try to get these wires fixed so they are no longer exposed

§ Strongsville did an assessment and identified several of the cables had been dug out of the ground by the landscapers

§ Exposed cables have also been nicked

§ Strongsville is helping us to hold the landscaper (Southwest) accountable to fix these cables

· The bolts on her downspout fell out when the meter reader was read.

o Can someone help her reattach her downspout?

o Ed will help Joyce with this.

75 views

Recent Posts

See All

11/21/2019 Meeting Minutes

MEADOW TRAIL HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION Board Meeting Agenda Meeting & Notes 11/21/19 Attendance: __x_ Marty Ginley __x_ Bill Kerbusch __x_ Justin Molina __x_ Donna Doeberling __x_ Diane Owens __x_ Sue St

 

©2019 by Meadow Trail Homeowners Association. Proudly created with Wix.com